Re: [GNUe] gnue-forms: more master-detail-detail (and other) issues

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [GNUe] gnue-forms: more master-detail-detail (and other) issues
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:59:49 +0200

Hi, Oleg!

Am Dienstag, den 24.07.2007, 17:56 +0200 schrieb Reinhard Mueller:
> Yes. This is strange, I need to investigate this more closely.
> [...]
> However, I had some other strange behaviour, and I will investigate
> further on this.

I think I found out the reason for the strange behaviour: You use the
same datasource for the block "store" and the lookup of the dropdown.
This means that
* a new, empty record is inserted in the block if no current record
exists. However, since the dropdown is bound to the same datasource, you
see this new, empty record in the form of a "None" entry in the
dropdown.
* the selection of a dropdown value results in moving the block to that
record, leading to strange things like the detail moving its own master
away.

I created a second datasource called ds_store_lookup and linked the
dropdown field to that datasource, and everything seems to work fine
then.

Thanks,
Reinhard