Re: [GNUe] gnue-forms: more master-detail-detail (and other) issues

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [GNUe] gnue-forms: more master-detail-detail (and other) issues
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:56:26 +0200

Hi, Oleg!

Thank you for your excellent problem reports!

Am Montag, den 23.07.2007, 16:24 +0300 schrieb Oleg Noga:
> I have some more issues with same examples.
> --------------
> 3combos.gfd: I can write data into 'no', 'date' entries when
> 'cb_store' is not selected.
> Grid must disable to insert rows when master datasource combobox is
> not selected.

Yes, this is a known problem which is related to
http://www.gnuenterprise.org/roundup/gnue/issue177

> --------------
> 3entries.gfd:
> Start form.
> I see "None" in every cell of Store column. Even in rows without
> data.

Yes. This is strange, I need to investigate this more closely.

> Write some data in cb_department, db_store, no, date entries.
> fk_store entry combobox gives selection between empty value and None.
> Leave None as was.
> Press Save on toolbar -> Unexpected error:
> """Field fk_department does not have a default value.
>
> INSERT INTO store (name) VALUES (%(new_name)s)
>
>   new_name: u'111'"""

I could once reproduce this error, turned on debugging, and the error
disappeared :-(

However, I had some other strange behaviour, and I will investigate
further on this.

> --------------
> any grid:
> if there is some data in grid i can not start editing new row by
> clicking on it. I must click on last row and then press down button.

Yes, this is correct, and nobody has ever thought of this to be an
issue. The new record is not yet there, and thus you can't edit it, you
first have to insert it.

I wonder what others think about this. I'm more or less undecided.

> any grid:
> boolean entry in grid shown as disabled checkbox in rows without data.

Yes. Do you have any idea what would be better?

Thanks,
Reinhard