Re: Re: GNU Enterprise Application Server

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: Re: GNU Enterprise Application Server
Date: 28 Apr 2003 22:54:53 +0200

Hi, Daniel!

Am Mon, 2003-04-28 um 22.31 schrieb Daniel Karström:
> Is it possible for you to guess a date for version 0.1.0 of Application
> Server?

Unfortunately no.

Application Server is currently a 100% volunteer work, done in spare
time. In a good day we sometimes make more progress than in a bad month.

But you are not the only one waiting for 0.1.0 - so be assured that we
will do our very best :-)

> Can I use the same instructions from the 'Install'-files in
> GNUe-AppServer-0.0.3.zip and GNUe-Common-0.5.0.zip for installation on
> Windows if I get too eager? Just change the needed files?

I really can't tell, because I have no experience in Windows
installation.

Honestly, I don't even know if Appserver will run on windows at all, as
it makes heavy use of RPC mechanisms, which I'm not sure whether it is
tested on Windows or not.

However we won't stop you if you want to try. In our IRC channel, you
might very likely find people that would be willing to help you
(including myself), and we all would be thankful if at least you can
point us to what we have to change for Windows.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller
GNU Enterprise project