Re:Feature questions (I am out of the office until April 7)

From: ROBERT CAMPBELL
Subject: Re:Feature questions (I am out of the office until April 7)
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 15:17:34 -0500

I will be out of the office until Monday, April 7.

If you have a question about a part, please contact Hale Johnson at
address@hidden

Rob Campbell

>>> "address@hidden" 04/03/03 15:08 >>>

Dear Sirs,

I hope you enjoy your day.

I am responsible for finding a data warehouse solution plus ERP system for a
large enterprise.

In my research I have found this open source project of GNUe and I have some
questions for you, which I hope you can answer...

1. I have seen that the project is very focused on XML as a data "carrier" so
that developers will have more ease with doing data driven programming - is
that true?

2. Which sources can Integrator read?
2.1 Where does it store the data it reads?
2.2 Does it transform it to XML?
2.3 Can it read flat files like excel documents and access databases?

3. How can Reports generate "whatever format is required by the client"?
3.1 Does statistical and mathematical tools exist for the reporting?

4. Forecasting - have anything been done in this area?
4.1 time series expansion?
4.2 neural networks?

What Im searching for is something like SAS (www.sas.com) - would GNUe go in
this direction and offer OLAP, MDDB, statistical analysis and linear
programming of historical data etc. ?

Does anyone know of an open source MDDB (multi dimensional database - that you
dont have to do queries all the time you want to drill down your data
correlated with other tables)?

Best regards,
Bernino Lind