Re: Problems with the inventory sample

From: Stanley A. Klein
Subject: Re: Problems with the inventory sample
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 19:03:07

At 06:31 AM 9/21/2002 -0400, Alesandro Bottoni
<address@hidden> wrote:

>Error: could not connect to server: Connection refused.
>        Is the server running on host localhost and accepting
>        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>
>-----------------------------------
>
>Of course, PostgreSQL IS working and listening...(see the shell output=20
>included above)
>
>How can I spot what is not working? Is there any way to see if the PyPreS=
>QL=20
>driver is working? What else can be? Any suggestion?

Alessandro -

I got PGAccess to work.  Here's what I did:

Log in as root.

su to postgres

cd /var/lib/pgsql/data

There is a file there called postgresql.conf owned by postgres.  Edit it to
change the  parameter tcpip_socket to true.

Then do /sbin/service postgresql restart

Stan Klein