Re: [open-cobol-list] list of error codes?

From: Brian Tiffin
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] list of error codes?
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 00:27:37 -0400

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 00:00:32 -0400, Patrick <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Everyone

I have been reading my Cobol books but now I need to start practicing
writing programs. I am making lots of stupid mistakes and working
through them and learning.

I have encountered one:
libcob: WRITE not allowed (STATUS = 48) File : 'foo.file'

and I need a better description of the error code to figure out what I
did wrong. This does not appear to be in the user manual or in Gary's
book. Is there a list of error codes somewhere?

Thanks

Not a lot of information, but a list was posted by John Ellis, in the FAQ at

http://opencobol.add1tocobol.com/#isam

And the draft standard at

http://www.cobolstandard.info/wg4-owg1/files/29-0117.zip

is handy to have around.