Re: [open-cobol-list] Sections in PROCEDURE DIVISION

From: john Culleton
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Sections in PROCEDURE DIVISION
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 13:08:32 -0400

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 14:22:25 +0000 vbcoen <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Was referring to John.
>
> Vince

Yes, I am still just a beginner. Glad to be taught by my betters.
Learned a bit from the IBM green books in 1968. Shook hands
with Grace Murray Hopper at two ACM meetings. Wrote a letter in
response to an article in Datamation titled "Can COBOL cope?".
Both the article and the letter were indexed by the ACM as
signficant publications of that year. Programmed on IBM 360,
Honeywell 120, IBM AS 400, HP 3000, and various small machines.
Managed programmers in various places. Haven't programmed in
COBOL in recent years so at age 80 I need to be retrained.
Please be gentle.

John Culleton, CDP