Re: [open-cobol-list] future Developments, Brain Storming

From: Sergey Kashyrin
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] future Developments, Brain Storming
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 20:40:29 -0400

Hi Patric,

Small nuance :-)

Since all C is valid C++ code

That's not exactly correct.
C++ is more strict, so if you simply rename .c into .cpp and try to compile you will get a lot of errors.
Try to do that with OC itself - good exercise :-)
And anyway you will need some changes in generation, as you need to explode your programs with C names and not C++ which are mangled, so you have to add extern "C" to generated code. Otherwise dynamic load will not work :-)

Regards,
Sergey