Re: [open-cobol-list] OC_GTK help

From: David Essex
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] OC_GTK help
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 18:54:39 -0400

Michael wrote:
... Yeah, the screen extract must run on the HP3000 platform, it does use some HP3000 intrinsic functions that are not found anywhere else. However, if I create listener process on the HP3000, to wait for socket connections . Then, a client process from any platform could connect to that socket on the HP3000 and receive a list of available forms files, then request a form to be sent seamlessly from the HP3000 to the client in `.glade` XML format. If the client is using OpenCobol and GTK+ it would be platform-independent, right?

Rather a complicated procedure.

I don't think any client I've worked with, would consider GTK as platform/OS independent solution.

But, one could convert Glade XML format to what ever format.

Cheers.