[open-cobol-list] In the interest of "Full Disclosure"

From: Bill Klein
Subject: [open-cobol-list] In the interest of "Full Disclosure"
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 23:10:57 -0500

To whom it may (or may not <G>) concern,

I don't even know how many of the email addresses that I am sending this to
are actually current.  However, I thought I would send this to as many
people in my address book as I thought MIGHT care and/or be impacted. (I
tried sending this note yesterday but had problems with some "sends" - so I
apologize if you are getting this for a second time.)

The purpose of this note is to let you know that as of last week, I have
been designated the "primary representative for Micro Focus - to the INCITS
J4 COBOL Technical Committee".

NOTE WELL:
  I am not now (nor do I foresee ever again being) a Micro Focus employee.

On the other hand, some of those who receive this either are software
vendors or in some other way are in the "software industry".  I do not think
either you or I have "exchanged confidential information" in the past - but
I did want you to be aware of this new relationship.

Micro Focus is well aware of my past (and ongoing) INFORMAL relationships
with many vendors (including their competitors).  I will not be using any
information that I get from this new relationship in regards to my other
communications; nor will I be communicating MF information to others.

Again, this is primarily an "FYI" - but is something that I wanted those who
may not hear it otherwise to be aware of.