RE: [open-cobol-list] feature request: EXIT PERFORM ; 1985 - MF-Extens

From: William M. Klein
Subject: RE: [open-cobol-list] feature request: EXIT PERFORM ; 1985 - MF-Extension; 2002 Standard
Date: Sat Mar 20 17:55:03 2004

I should have mentioned in my last note, ...

Micro Focus (but NOT the 2002 Standard) has an extension that works very
well with the EXIT PERFORM statement, it is the

   Perform UNTIL EXIT

feature.  This allows for an "infinite" loop that can only (logically) be
exited by EXIT PERFORM.

This is certainly a "nice to have" and not something essential to COBOL, but
if one is adding EXIT PERFORM, one should at least "think about" this MF
extension.