gnuastro-devel

[task #16272] FITS image to display area change due to distortion

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #16272] FITS image to display area change due to distortion
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 11:20:23 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #3, task #16272 (project gnuastro):

Thanks Pedram. Just one thing: visualizing the distortion is not just useful
for warping, it is generally useful in many different scenarios. That is why I
recommended to add this option to the Fits program, not the Warp program
(similar to how '--skycoverage' is an option to the Fits program).

When you get the chance, can you add this feature in the FITS program and keep
it separate from Warp?

I just had a fast look at the code and couldn't find the time to look at it in
detail. So sorry if I missed this. But if I understood this properly, the
output of the current implementation is the same size as the output of Warp.
However, as mentioned in the initial suggestion: "The output 'pixarea.fits'
will have the same size and same WCS as the input ...".

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?16272>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/