Re: Thoughts on the Joint statement on the GNU Project

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: Thoughts on the Joint statement on the GNU Project
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 16:39:27 +0200

Tirifto <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> These are just my personal thoughts and comments; I can't speak for
> other people or demand changes in your speech, nor do I want to do
> either. However, I have seen conflict arise in the GNU community, and
> sincerely hope it can be resolved. To that end, I present to you the
> above suggestions, in hope that they also cover the concerns of other
> people and that you will find them useful in making GNU flourish.
>
> Best of wishes
> // Tirifto

I undersign, verbatim, this message

 https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-system-discuss/2019-10/msg00074.html

thanks Tirifto for having expressed at best some of my thougts on the
whole story

I just add that FSF and GNU should *quickly* issue formal statements on
the motivations that lead RMS to resign from FSF and _not_ from GNU and
what was the "pressure on the Foundation" [1] that lead RMS to resign

[...]

Best regards. Giovanni Biscuolo.

[1] https://www.stallman.org/archives/2019-jul-oct.html#24_September_2019_(FSF)

--