Re: 70 inactive GNU packages to be decommis ?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: 70 inactive GNU packages to be decommis ?
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 21:53:00 +0200

* Alfred M. Szmidt <address@hidden> [2019-09-03 21:26]:
>    The following GNU packages seem inactive for at least 5 years and are
>    at least (most probably) not part of Debian.
>
> Neither of those are good metrics or reasons to decommision a package.

I also agree on that, there is no reason.

Software need not be updated all the time. Some software just
works.

Some maybe cannot be compiled due to some changes in compiler, then
such bug shall be reported.

It would be good that software is included in any distributions, that
is choice of distributions, but also could be promoted by anybody who
supports free software and GNU project.

--
Thanks,
Jean Louis