gnu-music-discuss

Re: GNU FDL License on Mutopia

From: John Sankey
Subject: Re: GNU FDL License on Mutopia
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 19:06:53 -0500 (EST)

"It's a pity, but your Bach score was not protected by a GNU
copyleft, was it?"
No - it was protected by Berne Convention copyright.

"I do not trust anything but GNU's GPL and hopefully FDL. I think
that the MutopiaBSD is not secure either. What do you think about
it?"

I am informed that, if I were to travel to the USA, where the Bach
copyright infringement occured, and put up something in the region of
$50,000 for lawyers, that I would win. Then, it would be up to me to
collect my lawyers' fees from the creep, and after that damages,
which would take still more money and time.

That's why I have given up on both lawyers and creeps.

John