[GNU-linux-libre] GNU/Linux-libre from source code for Loongson 3A (1.3)

From: Christophe Jarry
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] GNU/Linux-libre from source code for Loongson 3A (1.3)
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 17:11:10 +0200

Dear freedom lovers,

In an attempt to build a simple GNU/Linux-libre distribution targetted
at Loongson 3A machines, I wrote a document that describes how to
build a basic GNU/Linux-libre operating system. The system, now in its
version 1.3, is built by cross-compilation in three passes (with
sysroot):

1. Cross-compilation toolchain and tools are built.
2. The target system is built.
3. Additional programs are built on the target machine to extend the
   system more easily: wireless_tools, wpa_supplicant, wget and lynx
   with SSL support through gnutls.

I based my work on the writing of Haiyong Sun at
http://zdbr.net.cn/download/Loongson64-2.0.htm.

I publish this document on my website
http://cjarry.org/gnu-linux/gllfsc/gllfsc.en.html in the hope it will
be useful for our community.

Please note that website has moved to http://cjarry.org.

Since version 1.0, some updates have been made, you may found them
useful:

1. automate-gllfsc.sh (under
   http://cjarry.org/gnu-linux/gllfsc/loongson3a) parses gllfsc
   documentation and generates build-cross.sh, build-target-system.sh
   and build-post-boot.sh. Note that the choice of partitions and the
   configuration is manual.
2. The gllfsc system resulting from the documentation (ABI n32) can be
   downloaded at
   http://cjarry.org/gnu-linux/gllfsc/loongson3a/gllfsc-loongson3a-1.3.tar.bz2.
3. I have created web pages for package management using package users
   (pkgusr), for wireless, a way of building Xorg and a short list of
   graphical web browsers usable on mips64el, you will find those
   under http://cjarry.org/gnu-linux/gllfsc/.
4. I have written recipes to build programs I find useful, you can
   view them under http://cjarry.org/gnu-linux/gllfsc/recipes.

Christophe