[GNU-linux-libre] GdNewHat info and request for endorsement.

From: Shintaro Shinozaki
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] GdNewHat info and request for endorsement.
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 01:26:30 +0900

Hello,

My name is Shintaro Shinozaki who is lead developer of GdNewHat project. We are currently maintaining GNU/Linux-libre system distribution and RPM repositories without non-free packages. So, we would like to join gnu-linux-libre community and request endorsement. If you have a time, please give us some advice. Thank you.

Website:          http://gdnewhat.org
Contact info:     http://gdnewhat.org/team.html
Forums:           (Under maintenance.)
ISO download:     http://gdnewhat.org/download.html

RPM repositories:
http://jp.gdnewhat.org/
http://us.gdnewhat.org/
http://mir01.gdnewhat-jp.org/

-----
Project description:
GdNewHat Project aim to develop and distribute fully free GNU[1]/Linux-libre[2] system distribution based on free software community's accomplishments. We are always following a free system distribution guideline[3], making an attempt to remove non-free components such as non-free firmware[4], driver, software and document or replace them with free ones from our software repository and system distribution wherever possible.

GdNewHat system is running on binary-blob (non-free firmware, driver) free GNU Linux-libre kernel that is maintained by FSF Latin America[5] instead of official linux kernel[6]. So, some hardware may not enough function or may be unsupported in a lot of cases. However, you can make completely clean computer system with only free software without restrictive licenses if you use it.

Contained packages are released under free software licenses individually. Please read each packages's manuals or licenses list[7] for more detail if necessary.