Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Facilitating payments/contributions to developers

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Facilitating payments/contributions to developers
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:26:25 -0500

"Matias A. Fonzo" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> El Tue, 15 Jan 2013 21:42:39 -0500
> John Sullivan <address@hidden> escribió:
>> It would be nice if free distributions could support giving donations
>> to the authors of their packages.
>
> The idea is really good. And that would be better if we can get support
> too. In my case I have 5 years developing Dragora with an immense
> effort and sacrifice, working every day. In these years only a few
> persons have donated to the project (http://dragora.org/en/donate.html
> see below). Right now, I am developing a new version at
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/dragora.git
>

>> Any thoughts about how this could be done, or know about any other
>> places where it's already being done?
>>

> Perhaps two dollars (more) can be requested from an associate member of
> the Free Software Foundation. Even the option may be present, as
> optional.

I do have this in mind, as part of our program at
<https://my.fsf.org/donate/directed-donations/working-together>, we will
ask FSF members whether they want to contribute some additional money to
some specific areas.

It is also possible that free distros could become a part of this
program now, as we expand it.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://status.fsf.org/johns | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.