Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Facilitating payments/contributions to developers

From: Matias A. Fonzo
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Facilitating payments/contributions to developers
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 03:33:10 -0300

Hi all,

El Tue, 15 Jan 2013 21:42:39 -0500
John Sullivan <address@hidden> escribió:
> It would be nice if free distributions could support giving donations
> to the authors of their packages.

The idea is really good. And that would be better if we can get support
too. In my case I have 5 years developing Dragora with an immense
effort and sacrifice, working every day. In these years only a few
persons have donated to the project (http://dragora.org/en/donate.html
see below). Right now, I am developing a new version at
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/dragora.git

> Any thoughts about how this could be done, or know about any other
> places where it's already being done?

Perhaps two dollars (more) can be requested from an associate member of
the Free Software Foundation. Even the option may be present, as
optional.