Re: [GNU-linux-libre] dyne:bolic 3.0 beta1 - comments welcome!

From: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] dyne:bolic 3.0 beta1 - comments welcome!
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:31:17 +0200

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011, Karl Goetz wrote:

> i've just had a quick look at broth, and thought i'd chime in. while
> its an interesting tool, have you considered patching debian-live or
> live-build (by goto10... debian-live also contains a live-build)
> directly?

yep, but i haven't intervened yet. i consider broth more like
documentation than code: it's a very thin wrapper on live-build which
at least tells me quickly what/where things are without needing to
read too much docu...

i understand now from you that debian has such a wrapper on top of
live-build that is called "debian-live" and that it is also using the
same live-build present both in debian and ubuntu. this is the current
situation, right? any pointers at where to find the code of
debian-live, possibly under a code revisioning system?

i really need to have all things lined up on the desk before starting
to do anything, or decide that nothing is needed...

ciao!

--
jaromil,  dyne.org developer,  http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39