Re: [GNU-linux-libre] dyne:bolic 3.0 beta1 - comments welcome!

From: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] dyne:bolic 3.0 beta1 - comments welcome!
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 11:12:32 +0200

hi Jacobo,

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011, Jacobo Nájera wrote:

> Some friends use Dyne to give workshops, I am going to fw

ok! but plz tell them this is BETA, i've posted it here to get it
reviewed and correct mistakes.

indeed the priority of dyne:bolic is also that of usage in education,
i do it myself running various workshops for medium and high schools..

> Maybe you should build a like a virtual repo and in your .gz make a
> rule and only you need other repo with a specific packages and
> source.

do you have any pointers on how to do that? what tool should i use?

i'm currently using Broth, a wrapper on top of live-build that goto10
developers did. i've cloned it here https://github.com/dyne/Broth it
looks like a good tool to me, would be nice to integrate more changes
into it.

an alternative to it is PDK that Daniel is now maintaining at
http://trac.64studio.com/pdk and should be also very good, yet i
dislike XML and prefer parsing using AWK, so not my cup of tea so far.

my plan now is to integrate reprepro creation of mirrors into Broth, a
feature that PDK already has...

i'm looking for hints about the best format to use to specify packages
that should be mirrored and any tool around these tasks, i'm still in
the Observation/Boundaries phase of the OBREDIM design process .. ;)

so if you have a tool in mind let me know.

BTW i've made the corrections suggested by Ruben and uploaded a new
beta so now the link is changed, rsync from:

 dyne.org::dynebolic-dev-anon/dyneIII/dynebolic-3.0-beta2.iso

ciao