[GNU-linux-libre] debian squeeze kernel freed?

From: Graziano
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] debian squeeze kernel freed?
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 14:48:26 +0100

Hi everybody,

recently I was discussing with the amazing Alexandre Oliva about freedom
in the upcoming Debian Squeeze Linux kernel.

Here is the conversation:

http://identi.ca/conversation/57096294#notice-57961623

Debian people say they moved all nonfree firmware to the non-free
repository but afaik Linux-libre removes more than that.

Linux-Libre main page says:
"Linux-libre is a project to maintain and publish 100% Free distributions
of Linux, suitable for use in Free System Distributions, removing software
that is included without source code, with obfuscated or obscured source
code, under non-Free Software licenses, that do not permit you to change
the software so that it does what you wish, and that induces or requires
you to install additional pieces of non-Free Software."

I wonder if someone at the FSF checked the Squeeze kernel to see if it
satisfies the FSF freedom guidelines.

Thanks.

--
Graziano Sorbaioli