Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Job to be done: list of non-free components

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Job to be done: list of non-free components
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 13:28:03 +0200 (CEST)

> I'd like to propose a task for this group: we need a list of all the
> non-free bits that we are currently excluding from our distros. Some of
> them might be well known, but I'm sure we will find others that are not.
>
> We need a wiki to accomplish this, that can be hosted in the FSF servers
> (any wiki software would do). Can the sysadmins set this up? Thanks!

Since that data is likely going to be accessed in an automatic way (using
scripts or programs) I would suggest to use some kind of
easy-to-parse-and-maintain text files, stored in a CVS or any other
revision control system.

Then you can auto-generate html to publish in the www, in
http://www.nongnu.org/gnu-linux-libre

Just my 2 cents.

--
Jose E. Marchesi <address@hidden>