[GNU-linux-libre] Job to be done: list of non-free components

From: Rubén Rodríguez Pérez
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] Job to be done: list of non-free components
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:07:36 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to propose a task for this group: we need a list of all the
non-free bits that we are currently excluding from our distros. Some of
them might be well known, but I'm sure we will find others that are not.

We need a wiki to accomplish this, that can be hosted in the FSF servers
(any wiki software would do). Can the sysadmins set this up? Thanks!

This list can be the foundation to later write some other useful
documents, as a compilation of free software replacements for this
pieces, or free supported hardware recommendations. Some of this
information can be found in our own distros documentation or the GNU
website among others, but it needs to be updated and centralized.

Yours,
--
Rubén Rodríguez Pérez
GNU España