gnu-crypto-discuss

[GNU Crypto] Interest in Contributing to Gnu Crypto Project

From: Daniel Nunn
Subject: [GNU Crypto] Interest in Contributing to Gnu Crypto Project
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 19:51:46 +1000

Hi all,

I hope I am on the right list but if I am not, please forgive me and perhaps give me a nudge in the right direction. I am interested in making /some/ sort of contribution to this project, however, I am unsure whether I can offer any useful skills. Here is what I bring to the table:

1 - Undergraduate computing and mathematics student - 1.5 years of university programming experience in C++, interested in learning Java (as per the project's requirements).

2 - Interested in cryptography as an area from the point of view of computing and mathematics - I would love to learn more about this area and algorithm design. I am due to take a "Data Structures and Algorithms" unit next semester. Whilst I have not yet taken a cryptography unit at university, I have done some reading myself and have found it very interesting.

3 - Improvement as a programmer - I would really like to become a better programmer and, as such, would like a meaningful project to work on especially if it is Open Source.

4 - Willingness to work on /any/ area, including documentation - I enjoy writing and would welcome the opportunity to contribute in this way.

5 - Positive about the Open Source model - I have been using Linux for 2 - 3 years now and am a real convert. I think it is a great idea and I would love to be a part of creating something along those lines.

I realize that I have a limited amount of the requisite background knowledge but I would be happy to make a minor contribution initially and increase my involvement as my skillset becomes more extensive. In the event that I can't do anything valuable, any suggestions as regards other Open Source projects would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Daniel Nunn