Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch mirroring to Microsoft FTP Service

From: Andy Tai
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch mirroring to Microsoft FTP Service
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 01:37:53 -0700

OK, by essentially requesting first the remote system type and then if we have a Windows machine treating it the same way as wu-ftp, and testing on an actual Windows FTP server, the Microsoft FTP support actually seems to work.

This relies on the Windows machine replying to a SYST command with the string "Windows_NT".  This is, of course, no guarantee a reliable way of detecting Windows.  But for now it is the best we can do.

I did some simple import, get, commit, branch operations and all seemed to work.
Available with the latest snapshot

http://www.atai.org/gnuarch/snapshots/tla-1.3.4-20060618.tar.gz

People with interests in Windows FTP support, please let me know if it works for you or not...