Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: GNU Arch wiki being moved

From: Andy Tai
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: GNU Arch wiki being moved
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 01:49:46 -0700

Thanks for your concern.  I did not examine the data in the early days but recent contributions mostly came from explicitly logged in user accounts.  However, what you say is valid and I may remove the restriction for a while to see how it goes.  Recently the spam on the wiki has been somewhat annoying.

Andy

On 6/15/06, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
> Now only login users can edit pages, to avoid spam.
Do you have some stats about the kind of contributions we get on the
wiki (authenticated, not-authenticated)?
If non-authenticated changes represent a decent part of the
contributions, then we should consider accepting anonymous changes
again and remove spam after the fact.
I would rather get spam and more contributions instead of neither of
them.
If however anonymous contributions represent a negligeable part of the
changes, there's no problem in requiring authentication.
As far as I'm concerned, I remember not contributing to wikis when a
15s change became 5 tedious minutes to create the account and store
the credentials somewhere :/

Sylvain