Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Pronunciation

From: Talli Somekh
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Pronunciation
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 11:25:59 -0400

it's arch as in archive. at least that's how tom pronounces it.

talli

On Jun 7, 2006, at 11:21 AM, Mark Flacy wrote:

On 2006.06.07 10:11, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Hi,

Since the list is quiet these days, I thought I'd take advantage of that to launch an interesting topic: How is one supposed to pronounce "Arch"?
Rather like "ark" (as in "archive") or not?

Short answer: not.

Longer answer: Given that "arch" is a valid English word already, that is the pronunciation which I use for "Arch". American English is my mother tongue so that was an obvious thing for me to do.

I found an occurrence of this question in the list archive but couldn't
find the answer.

Thanks,
Ludovic.

GNU arch home page: