[Gnu-arch-users] file-find PANIC

From: Vladimir Zolotykh
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] file-find PANIC
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:07:20 +0300

Encountered a problem with the file-find, made a search and found

  http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=7502

the bug seems hasn't been fixed yet, because now I observe the same
with Tla 1.3-1 (Debian, Sarge). However I think I can make a little
norrowing for the nature (and may be location?) of the bug. Please
consider the follwing

  $ tla get address@hidden/clim-change-layout--main--1.0 clim-change-layout
  * from import revision: address@hidden/clim-change-layout--main--1.0--base-0
  * making pristine copy
  * tree version set address@hidden/clim-change-layout--main--1.0
  $ cd clim-change-layout/
  $ tla file-find sid.cl
  Error during call to `vu_chdir' for ./1 (No such file or directory)
  PANIC: I/O error
  $ cd ..
  $ mv clim-change-layout/ foo
  $ cd foo
  $ tla file-find sid.cl

./{arch}/++pristine-trees/unlocked/clim-change-layout/clim-change-layout--main/clim-change-layout--main--1.0/address@hidden/clim-change-layout--main--1.0--base-0/./sid.cl
  $

May be some buffer overflowing when working with long pathnames?

--
Vladimir Zolotykh