[Gnu-arch-users] baz format archives in tla

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] baz format archives in tla
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:30:47 +0900

What's the deal with "baz format" archives in tla?  I understand that
for compatibility purposes, one probably wants to always use "classic
tla format" archives for public mirrors and the like, but what about
private archives?

Er, to be a bit more specific:

 * Are there any real advantages to "baz format" archives?

 * Will they be supported by future versions of tla?

 * Are there any problems with such archives in current/slightly-old
   versions of tla?

 * Must a mirror have the same archive format as the source archive?
   If I had a baz-format internal archive, could I mirror it to a
   classic-tla-format mirror?

[The reason I ask all this, is that I'm about to create a new archive,
and I noticed the "--baz" option to tla make-archive...]

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia