Re: [Gnu-arch-users] whither tla 1.3?

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] whither tla 1.3?
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:37:29 -0400

Tom Lord:
> I intend to ask Matthew Dempsky to begin integrating outstanding
> patches this week, catching up after the "disaster" of the 1.2.2
> effort.  If all goes well, I would guess we'll have a release
> candidate distribution (which has the "most important bug[fixes]") in
> November.

Oh come on. 1.2.2 is actually quite good (better than just about any
previous release). There's over a dozen bugfixes in there from previous
versions of arch. 1.2.3 was going to be even better.

There's a lot of people using 1.2.2rc2 today (I stopped immediately
prior to 1.2.2rc3 and didn't restart by your specific request).

That said, could you explain for the rest of us what the FSF copyright
assignment is all about? What do you intend to do with code that is
copyrighted by others?