[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] merging new files into a renamed directory lo

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] merging new files into a renamed directory looses the file
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:50:30 +0900

Phil Frost <address@hidden> writes:
> Expected behavior:
>
> after merging 'main' into 'B', the file that was added in 'A' is created
> in the now renamed directory 'bar', formerly 'fu'.
>
> Observed behavior:
>
> after merging 'main' into 'B', a directory 'fu' is created, with the new
> file in it. tree-lint reports this directory as "would be source if it
> had an id."

I believe this is a known bogosity in the way file addition/deletion is
represented in changesets -- they use absolute names, not
filename + id-tag of their directory.  I find it very annoying too
(bites me a coupble of times a month).

Unfortunately I think this requires an archive-format rev to fix, so
it's not something that will change soon.

-Miles
--
"1971 pickup truck; will trade for guns"