[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Is tagline an attractive nuisance for international

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Is tagline an attractive nuisance for international users?
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:18:02 +0900

address@hidden writes:
> Someone on IRC had concerns about taglines being affected by Search and
> Replace actions.

"Concerns"?  As in it happened to them, or they just thought "Oh maybe
it could happen"?  If it did happen, was it with a UUID-style tagline,
or an "old style" lots-of-random-info tagline?

Search/replace problems _do_ happen with the latter, because they tend
to contain lots of common strings, but I've never heard of any problems
with the former.

> How about adding checksums to taglines which are
> validated by tla?
> (Something like: "tla-uuid: 2395f100-a41b-4af3-a310-c11ae7515d10
> ea0bc4fb85a0e892bd646ab07c6647ad" mhm crc32 or something even more
> simple should suffice)

If this approach were used, I think something a bit shorter would
suffice...

-Miles
--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?