[Gnu-arch-users] Re: adding multi-directory projects

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: adding multi-directory projects
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:40:19 +0200

"Andrei A. Voropaev" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!

> Now when I tried to incorporate real project, that has few
> subdirectories, I'm stuck. How shall it be done?

Not very different from CVS: tla add the directory, tla add the files.

Did you look at this:

http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/Learning_20Arch_20commands_20for_20CVS_20users

http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/ID_2dtagging_20methods

> So, I feel like I'd prefer to keep using 'explicit', just don't get
> how to do initial add. Should it be something like find -name '*'
> -exec tla add '{}' ';'.

Not recommended. "find" will also match arch's internal files, that
must not be added.

The first answer of

http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/Ask_20Arch_20questions

describes a better method.