Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "Getting back on the road"

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "Getting back on the road"
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 23:21:15 -0400

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 02:25:58PM -0700, Thom Lord wrote:

>   > In closing, I have an offer for Tom. Tom, If its ok with you, I'd
>   > like to re-open my address@hidden branch, so that you
>   > can use that code to cut a release.
>
> I do not think that that would be a good idea.

Actually, at the time that I wrote that, I didn't realize that I closed
off every archive *but*. So I stuck with what I said; I did nothing. ;)

> Instead, I'll be posting on or before this weekend some news about how
> the project patch flow will be restructured, about the release and
> testing-candidate process, about some of the coding standards I will
> start enforcing, and so forth.  Included in that will be guidance for
> those who want to attempt to make integration branches such as yours.

I look forward to what you have to say.

Regarding the rest of your email, I'm not agreeing to anything until I see
the rest of your message, especially since it seems to imply that
everybody's work is somehow broken.