Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Upcoming release of 1.2.2rc1

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Upcoming release of 1.2.2rc1
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:26:07 -0500

--- Original Message ---
From: address@hidden (James Blackwell)
To: address@hidden

>Earlier today, I changed the panic to a warn for jao, and he
reported
>that tla *segfaulted*. So I'm increasingly starting to think
that these
>patches are going to have to be pulled prior to rc1. We can
revisit the
>issue with a greater level of detail later.

I don't have time to make the test cases or fix the bugs, so
throttle this according to that, but:

This is crazy.  There is a bug in released version that prevents
people from _checking out their code_ from the archive, in a case
that will happen quite frequently on a code base of any
appreciable size.

1.2.1 needs an emergency patch and re-release, if you want people
to take it seriously as a piece of software ready for anything
but the most casual experimentation.

Bob