Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Upcoming release of 1.2.2rc1

From: Robin Farine
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Upcoming release of 1.2.2rc1
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:44:04 +0200

On Monday 30 August 2004 17.11, Robin Farine wrote:

> > That warning should not happen at all if the tag isn't really
> > being truncated.  I believe that was Duffy's case?

> Why is it a problem at all when an embedded file id crosses the
> 1K boundary ? I thought it was just a limit to _search_ for an
> id. Can someone comment on this ?

Well, not very clear. Instead of producing a warning or a panic,
should not simply tla ignore text that looks like an id but is not
valid within the boundary, and try to find one at the bottom of the
file ?

In the cduffy's case, it would just work, and in a case where an id
is really truncated, tree-lint would warn with "These apparent
source files lack inventory ids:". And with untagged-source
unrecognized, no problem ;)

Robin