[Gnu-arch-users] sources perms in arch archive

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] sources perms in arch archive
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:06:33 +1000

In bitkeeper, I stored all my files as readonly within the archive.
Then, my "archive mode" was set to edit (out of [none|get|edit]).
bk checked out for editing by changing permissions to ug+w.

In tla, this checkout/ edit step seems to be unnecessary (makes me
wonder why it's in bitkeeper - I actually got burnt by it once - makes
it look like a regular scm to MSVC I guess - all those SCCS dirs or
whatever).

So, now I've got to change the perms on all my source files. In bk
there's a bk chmod. But it seems I just change the perms in tla, and it
gets reflected with "tla changes", and will get included in my next
changeset creation.

A bit of a disconnect until I realised - hey, that's actually simpler,
right?

cheers
zen

--
Homepage: http://www.soulsound.net/
Please respect the confidentiality of this email as sensibly warranted.