[Gnu-arch-users] tla-revs - bash one liner

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-revs - bash one liner
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:22:42 +1000

Do most people have some variation on this one liner?:

#!/bin/sh
tla revisions --summary --creator --date `tla tree-version`

Is there a better version, or perhaps, do people not use such a command
very often?

This command is basically the same as 'bk changes -v' from memory, and I
found it comforting to run it every now and then - showing me a list of
work _actually done_, I found significantly lowered my stress levels.

Prior to this, the only 'record' I looked at regularly was my todo list,
which tended to grow, and had things removed from it as soon as they
were done. So I always saw this big list of stuff still to do.

Now, with such a command, I can see what I've done - for example at the
end of a day (assuming I've had one or more changes that were finished
within the day).

It also helps to encourage the "good changesets" mentality -
encapsulated enhancements that provide for cherry picking.

Another 2c from Zen.

--
Homepage: http://www.soulsound.net/
Please respect the confidentiality of this email as sensibly warranted.