Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla 1.2.1 on win32

From: John Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla 1.2.1 on win32
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:16:50 -0500

One more item of note, 1.2.1--cygwin-dos isn't working. I just tried to
do a checkout, and after lots of scrolling text, I got:
/usr/share/tla/libexec/tar:
mifar-all--CVS-dev--0.7--patch-90.patches/new-files-archive/{arch}/mifar-lib-framework/mifar
- -lib-framework--dev/mifar-lib-framework--dev--0.7/address@hidden:
Cannot mkdir: Invalid argument

If you go into the directory, you find that it is exceeding the 256
character limit. So my guess is that something is not accessing the
directories using 8.3 filenames. It certainly looks like tar's mkdir is
the problem.

I think the issue is that you want mkdir to compress everything but the
*last* directory, so that the directory is made correctly.

Sorry I can't give you much more than that right now.

I am trying out 1.2.1--cygwin-dirnames, though.
It doesn't have the problem of DEBUG being set, so it is a little nicer
to work with.

Plus, it has the advantage that it uses the same format the last one
did, so my revision library should work.

John
=:->