Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "tla commit" generates a patch-set even if there ar

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "tla commit" generates a patch-set even if there are no changes
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 21:27:01 -0400

>> The way I interpreted delta at the time was either you wanted a
>> changeset, or you wanted a diff. It seemed logical to me that if you
>> wanted a diff, then you weren't looking for a changeset, and I folded -n
>> into the default operation for --diff (which was a rename from --report)
>
> If you were doing that much, maybe you should have copied the entire
> "changes" interface.  If people want delta to output a changeset, they
> probably don't want the changeset to be called ",,changes*" anyway.

Actually, the change was pretty small (small enough that I can't even
remember how small it was any more)

It'll only take me a couple minutes to re-add -n (the logic is still
there because of --diff). I'll send a patch to Tonight.

--
James Blackwell          Please do not send me carbon copies of mailing
Smile more!              list posts. Such mail is unsolicited. Thank you!