Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "tla commit" generates a patch-set even if there ar

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "tla commit" generates a patch-set even if there are no changes
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 08:55:39 +0300

> Perhaps you could explain why the defaults are unwise?  What's the harm
> in an accidental empty commit, aside from a little embarassment?

confusion of new users and mails to gau resulting in wasted time overall. I
thought it was a bug too and wrote to the list a couple month ago. From the
answers I understood there are valid situations when you would use this but
they are less frequent as accidental empty commits. I think Tom said that
larch had a force flag and that he wouldn't mind one for tla either.
I agree with others in the thread that the current default surprises.

Jani