Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Invalid checksum file syntax

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Invalid checksum file syntax
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:52:57 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Aidan Delaney <address@hidden>

    >> So the next question is:  Is there an "=3Dmeta-info/name" file in your
    >> archive and are its permissions such that you can read it?

    > No there is not.  `locate meta-info` on my system returns

Ok.  And there wasn't when some of those commits took place, hence the
checksum files that say "(null)" where they should have an archive
name.

I've modified the head revision of 1.3 to detect this condition at
archive-connect time --- that would have prevented those commits from
happening in the first place.

How that condition arose in the first place is another question.  I
wonder if it was simply deleted by some external-to-tla event.

All that said, the following should restore your archive, barring any
further surprises:

~ create the =meta-info/name file containing the name of your archive

~ i trust that it's not a signed archive.   If it is, you'll have to
  delete "=meta-info/signed-archive"

~ delete the checksum files from the archive

~ create a new mirror of the archive

~ push to the new mirror

~ remove =meta-info/mirror from the mirror

~ move the new mirror, which is now a regular archive, to replace the
  old archive --- or reregister the archive with the new location

There is a small possibility that the same glitch that messed up the
checksum files messed up something else that I'm overlooking but I
guess we'll find out....