Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Invalid checksum file syntax

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Invalid checksum file syntax
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 08:19:55 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Aidan Delaney <address@hidden>

    >   I've recently been trying to relearn tla and have run into this problem
    > with two projects in the same archive.

    > address@hidden xmlrpcd $ cat /home/balor/\{archive\}/.archive-version
    > Hackerlab arch archive directory, format version 2.

    > No doubt the solution is simple, but google doesn't have the answer.=20
    > The error message is

    > address@hidden xmlrpcd $ tla get xmlrpcd--mainline--0.1

    > ********************************

    > INVALID CHECKSUM FILE SYNTAX FOR REVISION!
    >   archive: address@hidden
    >   revision xmlrpcd--mainline--0.1--base-0
    >   checksum file: checksum

Could you post a copy of the checksum file in question?

Also double check the permissions and ownership of the checksum file.

You say you are trying to "relearn" arch.  Does this archive date from
back when you were first learning arch?  If so, at that time, did you
run only official releases or did you try running the head revision in
my arch archive?  (There were a few days during which the head
revision would create a checksum file that, with later versions of
tla, would trigger that error.  If it turns out that that's what
you've got don't worry -- it's easy to fix.)