Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cygwin: once more

From: Andrew Voznytsa
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cygwin: once more
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 18:46:37 +0200

Hi All,

Robert Collins wrote:

[skipped]
2) a limitation in cygwin that prevents long file paths beyond ~ 260
chars - minus your mount point path length.

For 2) there is a draft patch floating around on this list.
Rob

Could anyone send me patch for cygwin (to enable MAX_PATH above 260 chars)? savannah.gnu.org is closed, so I can't get access to mail list archive and find it there :((

btw, which tools do I need to rebuild with long path support to make tla fully working? (tar, gzip and ...?)

btw2, if anyone could send compiled cygwin (and other tools) with long path support I’ll be very happy :)

Thanks,

Andrew Voznytsa