Re: smsd send time

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: smsd send time
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 21:56:40 +0200

2012/7/26 alonso acuña:

> This could explain the issues I have seen with database tables being locked
> for like 30 seconds when sending an sms but the actual sms sending takes 3
> seconds.

I think this is a different thing: the phone says that there is 1
message in one of its 30 memory locations but it can't tell in which
one (that's a limitation of the AT protocol), so smsd reads each
location starting from 1 and waiting 0.5 seconds after each read, but
it seems that the message is stored at location 0

Christian, you need to run smsd with the --firstpos0 argument to start
reading at location 0, but if there are 30 messages or the only
message is stored at location 29, it will still take ~15 seconds

--
Daniele Forsi