Re: nokia 6133 and sms

From: John Lapeyre
Subject: Re: nokia 6133 and sms
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 14:40:12 +0200

> may I put your name in the ChangeLog as source for the information
> that Nokia 6133 is RM-126?

  Yes

> this may be the problem because the driver needs to fetch all of them
> and it can take about 25 minutes for so many messages (that's not the

You are correct that the series40 driver can get messages from
folders with fewer items. The serial driver seems to only see all
messages in phone memory as a single folder.

But, it takes about 10 second to return the count for a
folder of 500 items. I am not sure how big the folders are
when I get a timeout error. A folder a bit bigger than 1000
items does return a count, but it is truncated to 1024.  If
I move all the messages into folders of 500, then the
showsmsfolderstatus returns all folder counts in a couple of
minutes. I looked for a way in the docs to adjust the
timeout, but I didnt take the time to look in the source
code. The 1024 limit is probably more difficult.

For some reason, saved sent messages have the same
non-sensical recipient and date:

 Date/time: 00/00/2000 00:00:00
 Recipient: +35856789123456789123 Msg Center:

The proprietary program is able to retrieve the correct information.

Thanks,
John