Re: messages sent as concatenated, not being received correctly.

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: messages sent as concatenated, not being received correctly.
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 21:07:32 +0100

Hi,

2009/3/27  <address@hidden>:
> I have a very strange error and wondered if anybody would be able to shed
> light on it. I run shell scripts which send SMS at specified times. These
> are concatenated SMS using the long option. Although gnokii always reports
> sending the long SMS successfully, it does not always arrive at the
> destination. On some occasions this appears to be because a large chunk at
> the beginning of the message is similar to an earlier text sent to that
> destination, are their any other network issues that may cause this
> non-receive. This non-receive occurs when script1.sh (which is in perpetual
> loop), calls script2.sh which calls script3.sh. It never happen if I test
> the system by running script2.sh to call script3.sh. I have put in sleep
> commands into the perpetual loop but I wondered if any other users have
> experienced this kind of problem?

We were setting reference number of the message to 0 always. Therefore
it is possible that SMSC mixed things up when receiving similar
messages with the same refnum (thanks Daniele for the idea!). Now I
changed it to set random id. Could you try CVS version and say whether
you could reproduce the problem?