Re: messages sent as concatenated, not being received correctly.

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: messages sent as concatenated, not being received correctly.
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:18:10 +0100

Hi,

2009/3/27  <address@hidden>:
> I have a very strange error and wondered if anybody would be able to shed
> light on it. I run shell scripts which send SMS at specified times. These
> are concatenated SMS using the long option. Although gnokii always reports
> sending the long SMS successfully, it does not always arrive at the
> destination. On some occasions this appears to be because a large chunk at
> the beginning of the message is similar to an earlier text sent to that
> destination, are their any other network issues that may cause this
> non-receive. This non-receive occurs when script1.sh (which is in perpetual
> loop), calls script2.sh which calls script3.sh. It never happen if I test
> the system by running script2.sh to call script3.sh. I have put in sleep
> commands into the perpetual loop but I wondered if any other users have
> experienced this kind of problem?

Actually I got several bugreports about this over last week. It's
quite surprising to me that all the bug reports are coming at the same
time. Was any kind of gnokii advertisment out there? Because
apparently it needs to be there for already some time. I cannot say at
the moment what's the actual problem, but I'm starting to analyze the
problem.

Unfortunately I need to do a cleanup in my working version and commit
relevant things. So the fix won't come immediate. Any testers are
welcomed on IRC channel