RE: Question regarding automation of <cr> & <control-D>

From: Michael Hutchinson
Subject: RE: Question regarding automation of <cr> & <control-D>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:21:17 +1300

Hello,

I'm running Nagios 1.3 on Debian Sarge on two servers with a cellphone
each using Gnokii/smsd.

I have in my "misccommands.cfg" Nagios config file, the following (which
works to send SMS for us).

This assumes "directory mode" usage of smsd, where Nagios writes a file
into the /var/spool/sms directory, and smsd goes about delivering it
when it checks that folder periodically. So, you will have to modify it
based on how you're using smsd.

---BEGIN misccommands.cfg Snippet---
# sms notify using gnokii-smsd
define command{
        command_name    host-notify-by-sms
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf
"$CONTACTPAGER$\n$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$: $HOSTNAME$ is $HOSTSTATE$" >
/var/spool/sms/`date +%d%m%Y%H%M%S%N`
}

define command{
        command_name    notify-by-sms
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf
"$CONTACTPAGER$\n$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$: $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is
$SERVICESTATE$" > /var/spool/sms/`date +%d%m%Y%H%M%S%N`
}

Hope that Helps.

PS: Watch out for those back-tick characters (`)

Cheers,
Michael Hutchinson
Manux Solutions Ltd
Email: address@hidden